From Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, two-part animated movie Batman: The Long Halloween begins with Part One on June 22, which is being followed by Part Two in the Fall.
The first part, it’s interesting to note, is rated PG-13, while the second part has been rated R. It’s Part One that we’re here to talk about today, as IGN has shared the official trailer.
Find the trailer below, along with the Blu-ray art.
Here’s the full voice cast for The Long Halloween Part One:
- Jensen Ackles as Bruce Wayne/Batman
- Naya Rivera as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
- Josh Duhamel as Harvey Dent
- Billy Burke as James Gordon
- Titus Welliver as Carmine Falcone
- David Dastmalchian as Calendar Man
- Troy Baker as Joker
- Amy Landecker as Barbara Gordon
- Julie Nathanson as Gilda Dent
- Jack Quaid as Alberto
- Fred Tatasciore as Solomon Grundy
- Alastair Duncan as Alfred
“Batman: The Long Halloween Part One begins as a brutal murder on Halloween prompts Gotham’s young vigilante, the Batman, to form a pact with the city’s only two uncorrupt lawmen (Police Captain James Gordan and District Attorney Harvey Dent) in order to take down The Roman, head of the notorious and powerful Falcone Crime Family. But when more deaths occur on Thanksgiving and Christmas, it becomes clear that, instead of ordinary gang violence, they’re also dealing with a serial killer – the identity of whom, with each conflicting clue, grows harder to discern. Few cases have ever tested the wits of the World’s Greatest Detective like the mystery behind the Holiday Killer.”
Blu-ray Special Features will include:
- DC Showcase – The Losers (New Animated Short) – The legendary rag-tag team of World War II outcasts – Captain Storm, Johnny Cloud, “Mile-a Minute” Jones, rookie Gunner and Sarge – find themselves marooned on an uncharted island in the South Pacific that is completely overrun with dinosaurs! Their would-be ally on this deadly mission, the mysterious and beautiful Fan Long of the Chinese Security Agency, tells them their job is to rescue the scientists that have been sent to study the time/space anomaly. Perhaps… but what is her mission?
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe Movie – An advance look at the next animated film in the popular DC Universe Movies collection, Batman: The Long Halloween, Part Two.
- From the DC Vault – Batman: The Animated Series – “Christmas With The Joker”
- From the DC Vault – Batman: The Animated Series – “It’s Never Too Late”
Published by DC Comics in 1996 and 1997, the 13-issue series Batman: The Long Halloween is one of the most beloved Batman tales, written by Jeph Loeb with art by Tim Sale.
Chris Palmer (Superman: Man of Tomorrow) is the director of The Long Halloween.